Mopars Invade April 5th

General racing discussion.

Moderators: mokangena, DN, scottab, Carl Blanton

Mopars Invade April 5th

Postby knkmoparparts on Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:19 pm

Hi we will be coming down from NE Missouri up near Iowa. I was wondering what kind of turn out do you usually have for this event? We plan on bringing a Race Car, and will be setting up in the Swap meet area as well. Thanks Kevin
knkmoparparts

Re: Mopars Invade April 5th

Postby rt66jim on Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:02 pm

Hi Kevin glad to hear you will coming to this event. I think the most cars ever to attend was around 100. That was show cars and race cars. Usually 50 to 80 cars make it. How the turnout is better this year. Since it isn't on Easter weekend. This will be the first time in a few years it hasn't been on that weekend.

The swap meet it not huge. But it continues to grow a little each year. It has more Mopar parts at it than either Springfield or Tulsa. Look forward to meeting you. And bring some friends with you if you can. Jim
rt66jim

Postby Carl Blanton on Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:16 pm

Thanks Jim. Sounds like you covered it. We will also have a special slant six class again this year!
Carl Blanton
Senior Weasel

Postby rt66jim on Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:35 pm

I would ask that those of you who race Mopars and visit other websites. Post a link to the track site and encourage your fellow enthusiast's to come. The big events didn't start big but grew that way because of those who attended. We don't have 8 million people that live within an 8 hour drive of this track like Norwalk OH does. But Topeka drew a lot of cars back at the turn of the century. This event can grow more. Just needs some nurturing and our support. JMP
rt66jim

Postby knkmoparparts on Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:38 pm

Thanks Jim and Carl. I have already posted info on some other Mopar forums. Looking forward to coming down.
knkmoparparts

Return to Bench Racing