WTB Nice No E car under $10,000.

General racing discussion.

Moderators: mokangena, DN, scottab, Carl Blanton

WTB Nice No E car under $10,000.

Postby dcr on Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:42 pm

I have a buddy looking for nice No E car under $10,000. If you know of anything, please give the Sledge Hammer a call at 918-533-8194. Thanks
DOUG CRUMBLISS RACING
620-674-2008
dougcrumblissracing@yahoo.com
dcr

Re: WTB Nice No E car under $10,000.

Postby amcamx on Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:17 am

Years ago, I bought a bracket car, that had not won anything in ten years. I made some changes, took it to the track, and the racers were saying, that I do not know anything about big blocks, just from the sound of the motor. Their mouth fell open, when it won the first race. Although good, it took eight years to max out the best setup, during which Et varied from 14.60 to 12.12. The best Et that worked, was 14.60, and 13.20. I have never been smart enough, to get fast to work right.
So, what would they be looking for, pretty and fast like 99.9% of the racers, or a proven top 10 points winner? Are they willing to rebuild the drive line every year, or something that will last?
Street legal, or trailer queen? They must favor some brand.
The old Mopar Direct Connection Manuals listed a lot of setups, that many of which will work with other brands, and they were all footbrake.
That old car is gone, but it would take a full Electronics Rail to match numbers with it, and it was footbrake.
The new owners with their 200K motor homes, have their own bright ideas, and I don't think that it will ever win again. But Wow, it sure is pretty and fast.
amcamx

Return to Bench Racing