Race Day Sunday March 18th Springfield, MO

Events posted without prior approval will be deleted.

Moderators: scottab, Carl Blanton

Nitro_Ranger

Race Day Sunday March 18th Springfield, MO

Post by Nitro_Ranger »

Starting in 2003 West Division Street Baptist Church has put on an annual event dedicated to the local racers and race fans. The event is titled Race Day Sunday and is a day to recognize and honor the local heroes from our race tracks, their crews, families, and fans. David Martin of On Track Ministries (affiliated with the NASCAR chaplaincy program) from Indiana will be our speaker. David’s son Jonathan is a driver with several wins in Karts as well as a championship in Street Stock last year. David is a race track chaplain in Indiana, helps coordinate NASCAR chaplain programs, and is a car guy that everyone in motorsports can identify with.

The day includes Sunday School at 10:00AM for all age groups with some refreshments for those that missed breakfast, the Church Service at 11:00AM where all of the racers, owners, and families are recognized. After the service we have a car show that is open to all of the local racers, hot rodders, motorcycles, etc. The car show is free to participate in. We will have lunch and games for young and old.

We have room for parking trailers and there will be gentlemen keeping an eye on everything while the racers are inside being honored and participating in the Church service. I just ask that everyone have there car there by 10:00am, but no one will be turned away if they are running late. I hope that Mo-Kan will be well represented. Call if you have any questions and if there are other individuals that you would like me to contact I would be happy to. My cell phone is 417-299-0057. Look forward to seeing you March 18th!!!
Last edited by Nitro_Ranger on Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nitro_Ranger

Reminder:

Post by Nitro_Ranger »

This is next Sunday. Bring the family. Great day for everyone.
Nitro_Ranger

It's This Sunday!!! March 18th

Post by Nitro_Ranger »

Don't forget it's this Sunday, March 18th!!! Bring your family, crew, car/truck/motorcycle, Uncle Morty and come out for a great day! Call for any questions. 417-299-0057 ask for Bob