Switching to manual fuel injection.

Need help with your car?

Moderators: mokangena, DN, scottab, Carl Blanton

Switching to manual fuel injection.

Postby fclose on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:36 pm

Ok people needing some help. I am looking to change from my current 750 Holley double pumper to a Ron's flying toilet bowl set up. Also I am looking to changing to alcohol instead of 112 race fuel.
My questions are:
1. Pros and cons of switching
2. What will I have to change on my engine for alcohol (timing)
3. Overall possible problems others have encountered with manual fuel injection.

Thanks for the help
fclose

Re: Switching to manual fuel injection.

Postby OLD YELLER on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:47 am

You'll burn about 3 times as much fuel,the exhaust fumes are about 3 times harder to put up with unless you have headers that do a good job getting fumes away from the car,the timing should stay the about the same....If you use an EGT, a toilet is easy to tune........
The older I get, the better I was.....
OLD YELLER

Postby draginhall on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:33 am

Like Curt said you will burn quite a bit more fuel and the fumes are bad if you do not have headers to get them away from the car. However you should pick up some ET and once tuned the injection should be good. We run the Rons Injection on our cars and like the way it works. If you do change and need anything come by our trailer and we will help you. We usually have extra pills and nozzels if needed. Hall Racing, Terry.
draginhall

Postby fclose on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:20 pm

Thanks guys. I am good with the fuel consumption, got good headers, and will be running an egt. I am trying to justify the manual injection over something like a FAST EFI for my old Chevy II. I didn't really want to spend $2k and wish I would of done something different. Love the old school manual injection but I have never had any dealings with.
fclose

Return to Tech Talk