Hurst Line Lock

Need help with your car?

Moderators: mokangena, DN, scottab, Carl Blanton

Hurst Line Lock

Postby kirk on Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:42 pm

My Hurst line lock is not working. Supposedly it worked last year. I bought the car ,and that's what I was told. I have traced the wires, checked the fuses, and cant find anything wrong. The Brake fluid is a little low, but not enough to matter I don't think. Im not even really sure how it all works. The person I got the car from said he put the new line lock on last year, because the one that was on the car quit working, and now this one don't work either. I think Im operating it correctly, by pushing down the brake pedal, holding the pedal down, and then holding down the switch and releasing the break pedal. Does anyone have any thoughts on this??
kirk

Re: Hurst Line Lock

Postby OLD YELLER on Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:42 pm

make sure the lines aren't hooked up backwards...they won't work right if they are....
The older I get, the better I was.....
OLD YELLER

Postby kirk on Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:11 pm

OLD YELLER wrote:make sure the lines aren't hooked up backwards...they won't work right if they are....

Thanks.
kirk

Postby kirk on Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:45 pm

Ok upon further inspection, and testing, the line lock is a TCI with a Hurst switch. I have tested it, and it will sometimes lock the front wheels, but most of the time it wont hold. I am running narrow tires on the front, and I have been told that the tires are so narrow that there is not enough rubber on the ground to hold the car. Basically the front tires are supposedly sliding. Im not sure Im buying that scenario. Im wondering if there is enough pressure to hold the front brakes? In my way of thinking I should be able to burn the tires clear of the rim if I wanted to, and the line lock should hold. Any opinions, or advice on this subject would be appreciated.
kirk

Postby OLD YELLER on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:00 pm

If the front tires are sliding you cant do much about that...Maybe punch the gas harder and get those back tires spinning quicker..... :layrubber:
Attachments
web 46.jpg
web 46.jpg (102.27 KiB) Viewed 187 times
The older I get, the better I was.....
OLD YELLER

Postby raulstonj on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:16 pm

My car would push the front tires. If your staging with the tires hot and suspension in preload , it is trying to hook up and go and the front tires will push. I have had it happen and seen it a million times.
raulstonj

Postby kirk on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:05 pm

raulstonj wrote:My car would push the front tires. If your staging with the tires hot and suspension in preload , it is trying to hook up and go and the front tires will push. I have had it happen and seen it a million times.

I cant even hold the wheels in the water box to do a burnout. I think I have air in the brake lines, and Im guessing that might be causing me a problem.
kirk

Postby raulstonj on Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:22 pm

The line lock doesn't work the back tires also? I have seen that before lol my buddy Jim's car had line lock on it and it worked front and rear tires lol I agree with curt though
raulstonj

Postby kirk on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:03 am

raulstonj wrote:The line lock doesn't work the back tires also? I have seen that before lol my buddy Jim's car had line lock on it and it worked front and rear tires lol I agree with curt though

The line lock is only hooked to the front brakes.
kirk

Return to Tech Talk