shootout classes

Shootout class and racing discussion.

Moderators: mokangena, DN, scottab, Carl Blanton

julven

Re: shootout classes

Post by julven »

How does every one feel about the sportsman ladder that Vamp uses? I like the way it works myself.
JASON ULVEN
Your local Hoosier Dealer
417-733-4936
Thanks to Sponsors
WorkTurbochargers
Neal Chance Converters
Karate Kid

Post by Karate Kid »

80BU wrote::shocked:
Ya know, I don't race in these shoot out classes because I'm not fast enough. However, I am interested in them doing well for the sake of MoKan & the people who race there on a regular basis. But the racing hasn't even started yet & there is already bickering over the rules. I hope Carl & others who make the rules for the shoot out classes, put the rules in place & people either abide by them or go home. You can tell me to mind my own business since I don't race the shoot out class, but I have an interest in what goes on at MoKan because I am there darn near everytime the gate is open.

I guess that's what I'm saying, too. Make the rules and go by them. When ya make an exception for one, you inadvertently make it for everyone. Everyone will interpret the rules to their own benefit if they are not clear from the beginning. Probably better to bicker now than to wait till it happens for real and then deal with it.

Carl will get it figured out. He's been at this for a long time.

See you Sunday, Sunday, Sunday ! ! ! BEEEEE THEEEEERREE!!!
P/M Blown Corvette
VP - National Progressive TaeKwon Do Association
Braden Peak

Post by Braden Peak »

I agree Bob. Which is why I made my post from a spectator point of view. Eventhough I'm not a participant, I would love to see this deal take off and be successful. Carl has made a very successful bracket program. I don't think there are any two ways about that. I think we are all just offering input which is good. Maybe the shootouts won't be an overnight success, but I think it can work especially if other tracks can work together to draw those cars too. I fully understand what Jeff said. The three classes he spoke of are still fairly popular. I just hate to see some of the guys that were asking for the races in the first place not be able to participate because there isn't a class for them. I hope they work that deal out. And 10.5 cars need to run quicker than mid to high 5's and be a little more crazy to appeal to people that appreciate watching shootout racing. Seeing Erwin and Tydo stand it up and haul *** is worth the price of admission. :nice:
John_Heard

Post by John_Heard »

Even mid to high 5's can be quite interesting - MAKO 10.5 from a few years ago...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... id=3309496
speedfreak

Post by speedfreak »

Its just that ozarks current rules for D/R are pretty unfair for a nitrous car. And daniel if anybody should know that it would be you. I think the rules can be tweaked to to be fair and still allow the same cars to run.