Shootout meeting this Sunday, Jan 25th

Shootout class and racing discussion.

Moderators: mokangena, DN, scottab, Carl Blanton

Benzo

Re: Shootout meeting this Sunday, Jan 25th

Post by Benzo »

I just got back from te meeting and the one thing I got out of it is that all drag racers are wanting to please the fans. I have come up with a few things I have seen at dragstrips as ways to get people and racers to make the racing a little more interesting.

IDEA #1: Burnout competition round. For one round of test and tune, three random fans are given dry erase boards and write down the score from 1-10 on what they think of the burnout. The winnr could recieve a coke and a cheesburger and possible a sticker similar to the money winner sticker.

IDEA #2: Biggest Wheelie. Judged just by observation. Winner could recieve a $5 and a big air sticker.

IDEA #3: Fastest Pass: Judged either by E.T. or M.P.H. but winner could get $5 and a fast pass sticker.

Just Ideas... take them or leave them. Just my ten cents.
1980 Mustang Coupe
2002 Cannon 505 BBC
Lil Bryan

Post by Lil Bryan »

Thats more like 3cents, front end parts are expensive, slicks or tires are not cheap either, and the fastest pass will be from a dragster anyway
9.71 @ 139 on moter
8.?? @ 16? N2O
Benzo

Post by Benzo »

Then don't participate. I am sure some of the street cars will have fun with the burnout stuff though.
1980 Mustang Coupe
2002 Cannon 505 BBC
Lil Bryan

Post by Lil Bryan »

Lil Bryan wrote:Thats more like 3cents, front end parts are expensive, slicks or tires are not cheap either, and the fastest pass will be from a dragster anyway

There ya go is that clearer
9.71 @ 139 on moter
8.?? @ 16? N2O
bad355_67camaro

Post by bad355_67camaro »

Benzo wrote:I just got back from te meeting and the one thing I got out of it is that all drag racers are wanting to please the fans. I have come up with a few things I have seen at dragstrips as ways to get people and racers to make the racing a little more interesting.

IDEA #1: Burnout competition round. For one round of test and tune, three random fans are given dry erase boards and write down the score from 1-10 on what they think of the burnout. The winnr could recieve a coke and a cheesburger and possible a sticker similar to the money winner sticker.

IDEA #2: Biggest Wheelie. Judged just by observation. Winner could recieve a $5 and a big air sticker.

IDEA #3: Fastest Pass: Judged either by E.T. or M.P.H. but winner could get $5 and a fast pass sticker.

Just Ideas... take them or leave them. Just my ten cents.
nothing wrong with pushing the limits of your setup, but for a hot dog is kind of a waste. save that stuff for the car shows. although, some places do give out like 50 bucks to #1 qualifier, so that would be alright. but if my car could do a huge wheelie, i wouldn't want to risk it just for s*** and giggles.
New build for 2015
Thanks to our 2015 sponsors
http://www.timsbodyandglass.com
Bentune Performance & Fabrication
Performance Coatings (417)439-0546
C&R Transmission (417)736-2191
C&S Specialties Fuel Systems (636) 723-4996
5.30@135
8.36@167
Karate Kid

Post by Karate Kid »

We paid a $100 bonus to fastest qualifier at the races we promoted.

Had a foot race for the kids to 60'. Winning kid got a free chopper bicycle (Donated by Karate World). Not many 8 year olds drive themselves to the track (this is the read between the lines marketing part).

Had a drawing for five, six or however many fans to get to stand at the starting line during Big Tire Eliminations. (another read between the lines part)

We managed to come up with trophies for just about everything. Karate figurines are easily replaced with plastic cars for about $2.00. (Yes,we have a few trophies laying around that we donate/donated.)

We had "Crew Member For A Day" for a KID with the winning ticket number to be. He/she gets their photo taken with the sponsoring car, tour the race trailer/rig and help do "something" in the pits and eat a burger with the driver & crew. Winner also got to come up to the starting line and be a real crew member.

Blue Ribbon Chevrolet kicked in $1000.oo in advertising/marketing the event.

I don't know how to download the photos but it was the biggest race EVER held at Sallisaw. I had the actual financial figures at one time. A four to one ROI.

Whatever ya think. :nice:
P/M Blown Corvette
VP - National Progressive TaeKwon Do Association
dragsterman

Post by dragsterman »

Karate kid that all sounds like fun to me. Iam going to bring these things up to our track owner up here. I think this might get the fans interested and make them want to come back. KRAZYKEN :nice:
1955 chevy chop top
driven by the DRAG-ON-LADY
best ET 6.58 at 104 mph
best 60 foot 1.42
three time track chamption
at us36raceway!
Benzo

Post by Benzo »

I have no clue what to offer for prizes. All I am saying is that if I see a big group of kids watching me race, I will do a little bit longer burnout and try to pull the wheels. I know I would like that alot when I was a kid.
1980 Mustang Coupe
2002 Cannon 505 BBC
savo

Post by savo »

I think something that would help getting cars would be standardizing rules between the local tracks (Ozark, Sallisaw, Tulsa??) and maybe even work to get a series which racers would earn points at each event that they attend and have a year end points champion. By doing this racers would have a class to shoot and know that they same rules are the same at any of their local tracks.
bad355_67camaro

Post by bad355_67camaro »

savo wrote:I think something that would help getting cars would be standardizing rules between the local tracks (Ozark, Sallisaw, Tulsa??) and maybe even work to get a series which racers would earn points at each event that they attend and have a year end points champion. By doing this racers would have a class to shoot and know that they same rules are the same at any of their local tracks.
that was one of the topics/ideas that was discussed at the meeting on sunday. :nice:
New build for 2015
Thanks to our 2015 sponsors
http://www.timsbodyandglass.com
Bentune Performance & Fabrication
Performance Coatings (417)439-0546
C&R Transmission (417)736-2191
C&S Specialties Fuel Systems (636) 723-4996
5.30@135
8.36@167