Remaining Friday night heads up races cancelled

Shootout class and racing discussion.

Moderators: mokangena, DN, scottab, Carl Blanton

Carl Blanton
Senior Weasel

Remaining Friday night heads up races cancelled

Post by Carl Blanton »

The remaining Friday night heads up races, including the one scheduled for this Friday night, have been cancelled. The feed back I got from the racers was they didn't want to run on Friday night, and the turnout at the previews certainly proved that.

It may have been a flawed plan from the start, and we will learn from it. Give us time to ponder, and we will see what else we can schedule this year.

We are going to go ahead and try the CHEAP STREET races as scheduled. We will drop the tag and insurance rule, for cheap street and see if that helps the car count.
jonesracn

Re: Remaining Friday night heads up races cancelled

Post by jonesracn »

Confused about above post. true 10.5 called. What about cheap street.
Carl Blanton
Senior Weasel

Post by Carl Blanton »

Cheap street will run. Tag and insurance rule is dropped.
Karate Kid

Post by Karate Kid »

Well crap! We WILL be ready next year anyway. Sometimes, things work out for the best. Had our motor got done earlier this year, we'd still be a nitrous car. Now we have a blower on the way, Dewayne will be happy and Terry can take a bath.

I understand many folks had a rough year all the way around financially. We are in our third year in a new location so don't really know if we had a bad year or not. I do KNOW that things are getting better and enrollments are starting to come back in with additional advertising. Guys don't give up on it. Next year WILL be off the charts in progress.

Carl, maybe a big tire....or.....little tire ? Two classes of Outlaw and then street-TYPE cars for heads-up? Seems to cut to the chase. Just thinking out loud. Now, could you help me with my front kick?

It'll all work out.

Steve & Nanette
Karate World of Oklahoma, llc
P/M Blown Corvette
VP - National Progressive TaeKwon Do Association