shootout classes

Shootout class and racing discussion.

Moderators: mokangena, DN, scottab, Carl Blanton

Carl Blanton
Senior Weasel

shootout classes

Post by Carl Blanton »

OK gang, for those of you breathlessly awaiting word on shootout classes, here is what I can tell you as of right now.

In researching workable rules for a Shootout series, I talked to a lot of folks. One thing that came out of these conversations was the idea that area tracks should standardize rules if possible. The logical progression of that was a series to run at area tracks. I had said I would try to have this stuff done by the 17th. But I want to see what happens with the standard rules / series, it may or may not happen this year.

Either way we will have several shootout races at Mo-Kan this year. I also would really like to get a group of shootout racers together for an informal meeting to hear their ideas. That will likely happen Sunday January 25th. I'll let you know where.

All that said, here is the direction I am leaning.

1. A Open class for door slammers. Left hand steer, door cars.
Any engine, tranny, and fuel combination allowed. Any tire. Cars will run on a .400 pro tree, 1/8th mile.

2. A True Ten Five class using basically Ozark current rules.

3. A Drag Radial Class using Ozarks current rules.

Number four is still on the drawing boards, but it would be something like a plate class, no dominators allowed, drag radial.

This is an outline. Comments are welcome, lets don't get started slamming each other, make a straight forward statement and it will be considered, and stand by for an announcement on a meeting.
PEGASUS

Re: shootout classes

Post by PEGASUS »

I will be there in True Ten Five. :layrubber:
DRL

Post by DRL »

looks like another showtime show for true ten five at mokan :layrubber:
if u guys love the mako stuff, just wait till u see true ten five cars from ozark :nice:
Rick M

Post by Rick M »

Sounds good Carl. I have a few ideas on the forth class I would like to discuss .
5.25@137 On 275's
speedfreak

Post by speedfreak »

Whats the deal with using Ozarks rules ? Wheres the creativity there ? Doesn't the vamp series have a radial class ? And they are running a race here , Right ? Ozarks rules need updated and they may pretty soon.
DRL

Post by DRL »

well going with ozarks rules makes it benefit a car that can race at to different places ,with out hafting to change there set up $$$$$, and vamp series is going to race here but not alot does that help u steeve or u just trying to stirr the pot :|
Carl Blanton
Senior Weasel

Post by Carl Blanton »

I am aware Ozark's rules might change. There may be a rules summit, that is why nothing is final. But the biggest reason to use existing rules is we assume there are existing cars.
Hudgens-Racing

Post by Hudgens-Racing »

:nice: Thanks Carl for working on this Shootout Classes,I think you will like the results that it will bring,Thanks-Terry
smileygofast

Post by smileygofast »

What about 10.5 outlaw are we just out of luck???? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Karate Kid

Post by Karate Kid »

Sounds goooood to me.
P/M Blown Corvette
VP - National Progressive TaeKwon Do Association
bad355_67camaro

Post by bad355_67camaro »

smileygofast wrote:What about 10.5 outlaw are we just out of luck???? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

open class?? i can't wait to hear the final word on everything. lets go racin! :nice:
New build for 2015
Thanks to our 2015 sponsors
http://www.timsbodyandglass.com
Bentune Performance & Fabrication
Performance Coatings (417)439-0546
C&R Transmission (417)736-2191
C&S Specialties Fuel Systems (636) 723-4996
5.30@135
8.36@167
Hudgens-Racing

Post by Hudgens-Racing »

:nice: Carl,I think we still could use a Pro-Street Class for Back-Half cars only.That way guys in Super-Pro or N/E can come and play too! :idea: :idea:
JIM B

Post by JIM B »

Good call Terry we would like to see some s/p and n/e cars in there. We need some back half cars running to because some 10.5 outlaw cars want to play to. just doing some rat killin :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hudgens-Racing

Post by Hudgens-Racing »

:nice: Pro-Street--Pro-Street--Pro-Street--Pro=Street--Pro-Street thats what I am talking about! :-D :-D
smileygofast

Post by smileygofast »

I think back half any tire, any power adder,anything goes as long as it has stock frame rails up frount. ADRL 10.5 :layrubber: :nice: :nice: :nice:
Come on carl we need a back half class that was the hole idea from the start. :stupid: