Pro Keyboard Class???

Shootout class and racing discussion.

Moderators: mokangena, DN, scottab, Carl Blanton

Braden Peak

Pro Keyboard Class???

Post by Braden Peak »

Hmmm, well Mo-Kan does what people are asking for and they get rewarded with a bunch of jibber-jabber on the message board and no cars on race night (Except Jim B for making it out more than once!). Maybe the shootouts should be replaced with a bracket race. At least they show up.

Braden Peak
Rick M

Re: Pro Keyboard Class???

Post by Rick M »

Maybe if you understood a little more about shootout racing then you would understand. It is very expensive to race and maintain a shootout car. Shootout racers will never show up on a friday night for free there needs to be a shootout race with payouts to draw cars.
5.25@137 On 275's
Karate Kid

Post by Karate Kid »

Well other than go to the machine shop and do the work myself, I don't know what else I can do. Maybe if I could turn left...go, go, go ...turn left....go go...turn left...go go turn left...go go turn left...go go turn left...go go turn left go, go, go ...turn left....go go...turn left...go go turn left...go go turn left...go go turn left...go go turn left .... Drink Beer! Fight with pit crew, get banned from track...throw helmet....fail drug test for Heroin.....make TV commercial....be an extra in Ricky Bobby movie.... fade away....sell used cars in Oklahoma...run for County Commissioner.....get fourth or fifth motor finished in season.

I'd at least be on my second engine of the season. Whats a person to do when you go to the machine shop two and three times a week asking if it's done, yet?

There is just so much lawn a person can mow every *$ &^%$%@ weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am one step away from loading up the mower, putting some juice in the tank and running it. I've tried getting my frustration out of my system by kickboxing on Friday night but that's getting somewhat repetitive.

If someone would loan me a 600+ cube, 1000+ hp motor, I'd handle the rest. Just LOAN me a motor.. lend? Lease? trade? Somebody????

I DO APOLOGIZE to Carl and MoKan for not making it, but I don't know what else to do.

I need to get a spare short block ready for just in case. Braden, you have a 632 sitting around don't you? I PROMISE I wouldn't break it if you loan it to me. I'd even let you drive the car,,wait,,,scratch that...well,,,maybe...let me think on that part. Ok, you can drive the car. Well ? It should run a 4.90 or better on a N/A 632...ad my kit and 4.40's?
Last edited by Karate Kid on Sun May 24, 2009 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
P/M Blown Corvette
VP - National Progressive TaeKwon Do Association
DRBRYANT

Post by DRBRYANT »

braden peak running your fellow racers down will get you no where in life, if you had any experience in running a car like we do then you would know that you can't show up on friday night and run with all the street cars the track has to be a little cleaner, and you won't draw a crowd for one class of shootouts we explained this to carl before the season started maybe you should have found out all the facts before complaining............................
JIM B

Post by JIM B »

I showed up but these cars break all the time I made one pass then guess what happened shut car down at the end of the track and the pin in the cam came out bent some valves at least the supercharger didnt blow up off the car. I feel for you karate kid machine shops got you over a barrel, but what are going to do I'm just lucky to have a spare you dont need 632 if you want to speed up go 400+ sbf then blow the heads off the car every other race :nice: :nice: just another slow 5.02 sec. mustang
TODDCLINE

Post by TODDCLINE »

for one ive seen braden run his fellow racers down and win races for 1000towin iknow it cost a lot of money to run a shoot out car my dad delmar cline has pro street or apro mod what ever you want to call it it cost a lot of money to run one of these cars i run a rear engine dragster for joe williams and it cost way less money to run one of those and less work between rounds
Hudgens-Racing

Post by Hudgens-Racing »

:nice: That's pretty funny Peak,I haven't seen you racing anything?Maybe this post is for guys like you-with no car?Pro-Keyboard Class doesn't take alot of money to race this class!All you need to race on here is a couple of fingers! :roll:
Karate Kid

Post by Karate Kid »

Terry,
Come by the school and see us.
P/M Blown Corvette
Braden Peak

Post by Braden Peak »

Thanks Todd, hope all is well with you guys over there. Actually Terry I was driving Bobby Beyer's dragster today and I try to drive it when I get the chance on two day races. I sold my dragster a couple of years ago. I do understand expenses and the fact that the track isn't the best on Friday nights. The fact is you guys wanted the races and some of us shootout fans really wanted to see it happen. But when something isn't supported at all, I have a feeling it might go away and I would hate to see that. I should have sugarcoated my post or not posted at all as to not get this started but it seemed like a lot of talk and no show. I guess it's really not my problem. We'll see how the rest of them go. Congrats on your win Duane.
TODDCLINE

Post by TODDCLINE »

i dont know how long youve been going hudgens but i know braden and his dad jim peak have been racing there for a long time been loaded by both of them more than once and so have alot of other racers
Travis Horton

Post by Travis Horton »

You're right, Braden. It's sad there hasn't been support for these classes. But don't sugarcoat your remarks. Hudgens sure doesn't. He can dish it out but he sure can't take it! I guess I haven't been paying attention very well the last 35 years at all the races and/or passes the mighty Hudgens has made and/or won. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Memorial weekend essentially a race-for-free-win-$1000 Pro Street race? :layrubber:
1962 Chevy Bel Air 409 1961 Chevy Impala 348
Mr. T doesn't break wind... he destroys it.
TODDCLINE

Post by TODDCLINE »

who did win in pro street
Karate Kid

Post by Karate Kid »

Hudgens won in Pro Street. I think he also won BOTH days last year in Super Pro.

What is Pro Street? Headlights, Tail lights, Mufflers and a factory-type Transmission? Anything else?
P/M Blown Corvette
TODDCLINE

Post by TODDCLINE »

who was driving the white s10 ex pro stock truck
lurch

Post by lurch »

I think it's to bad we're not getting more cars but there are allot of us in the same boat as Karate Kid, although not waiting on the machine shop we're waiting on time & money to finish the new car. I just hope EVERYONE realizes it takes time to build a class or series. The car I'm helping with was in the chassis shop when all this shootout stuff came up & we actually backed up on it to make it fit Pro Street & other than the funny car cage to make it 7.50 legal we could drive it to the grocery store. This stuff takes time & $ and anyone who owns a business or race car SHOULD know that! I hope that we have a place to race this bad a-s blown 555 '71 Camaro when it's done, so why don't some of you nay sayers go out & buy a few $ 40-80k cars to keep the game alive for those of us doing our best in todays business climate to put this deal together! "Lurch" out!