Street Bike Record?

Discussion of all things Motorcycle at Mo-Kan!

Moderators: mokangena, DN, scottab, Carl Blanton

o6r1man

Street Bike Record?

Post by o6r1man »

Was just wondering what was Mokans street bike record and what restrictions are on a "street bike"?
tripwire

Re: Street Bike Record?

Post by tripwire »

I believe Mike Lewis is the current record holder with an 8.60 (??) ET. My understanding is the only thing you have to do to beat the record ET with a non-wheelie bar bike...

Carl is that correct?
mikelewis

Post by mikelewis »

The Zook went 8.53 on a small slick....self starting.

The Project V VRod went 9.03 with a Mickey DOT tire...self starting
Mike "Fireball" Lewis
Mokan "no bar" record holding Suzuki
8.53 @ 168 mph
o6r1man

Post by o6r1man »

mikelewis wrote:The Zook went 8.53 on a small slick....self starting.

The Project V VRod went 9.03 with a Mickey DOT tire...self starting

Well Mike I'm coming for ya.....BTW this is Chris Baker and I'm riding Dustin Moody's tagged and Insured 2008 Hayabusa on a DOT shinko. I went a 8.98 on my first pass with the new combo friday night and backed it up later with a 8.93. With some seat time I think it will go 8.80s as it sets and we still have alot more nitrous to add. We also took it to midnight drags in tulsa saturday night and with only one pass to get up to speed it went 8.96 and 8.93 back to back.

Gotta give props to Wes McRoberts he went 8.86 on his turbo busa....I have to beat that first. But I'm coming!!!!
mikelewis

Post by mikelewis »

When someone beats it, I'd just as well it was you Chris. I told you then you had the skills.....go get it! In fact, let me know when you'll be out there next....I wanna come watch you take it down.
Mike "Fireball" Lewis
8.53 @ 168 mph
o6r1man

Post by o6r1man »

mikelewis wrote:When someone beats it, I'd just as well it was you Chris. I told you then you had the skills.....go get it! In fact, let me know when you'll be out there next....I wanna come watch you take it down.

Thanks Mike that means alot! And I will let you know when we go for it....it may be a few weeks before we get to that point we are going to work up to it slow so we dont go out and have alot of problems.

You still have the old Zook? when you going to get it back out or get on a bike again.
mikelewis

Post by mikelewis »

Sold the bike a couple of years ago with the brand new 1425 promod motor and chassis mods.......I know it went 8.50 on his second pass (he's an NHRA prostock guy) on all motor, geared for nitrous, and same clutch setup as the little 1230 low compression motor that detonated.....definitely should have gone well into the 7 second range with some tuning and track time....but haven't heard back from him.
As for whether I'll get back on one, I'd rather leave that for a private conversation....hahaha

Sent ya a PM.....
Mike "Fireball" Lewis
8.53 @ 168 mph
Wes&TrishMcroberts

Post by Wes&TrishMcroberts »

Baker....is was actually an 8.81 ;-)
o6r1man

Post by o6r1man »

Wes&TrishMcroberts wrote:Baker....is was actually an 8.81 ;-)

Dangit.....to many numbers floating around in my heads. And not talking about fat girls Phone #s :roll:
o6r1man

Post by o6r1man »

Well it looks like the recode is safe for another year. We were able to go a 8.75 @ 164 running out of gear right before the stripe so we went back over friday night with a taller gear and bringing the nitrous in a little faster to go for it. But what do you know the nitrous mother bottle was empty so we are just going to end the year on a good note and come out strong next year.
Smolies

Post by Smolies »

So what are the rules for this then? Bike just needs a stock sized street tire and no bar and thats it?

8.53 @ 168 is the current record?
o6r1man

Post by o6r1man »

The bike that set the record had a slick on it. Think it has to be a self starting non wheelie bar bike and yes I that is correct 8.53 dont think the MPH has anything to do with it.
Smolies

Post by Smolies »

Sounds good. I am from Olathe, Ks and was going to come down on 10/22 to watch the VAMP race on 10/23. If I bring the bike down and race friday will any of you bike guys be out there racing? Id like to race with some of you guys. Sounds like some pretty quick bikes. :nice:
o6r1man

Post by o6r1man »

Smolies wrote:Sounds good. I am from Olathe, Ks and was going to come down on 10/22 to watch the VAMP race on 10/23. If I bring the bike down and race friday will any of you bike guys be out there racing? Id like to race with some of you guys. Sounds like some pretty quick bikes. :nice:

Not sure if we will be going out on friday night but I will running in the 10.70 index in my elcamino at the vamp race. What kind of bike do you ride? How fast is it? We went to the summer set race in wichita and there was a few guys there from you neck of the woods. They had Smithers customs all over there bike anyhow.
Smolies

Post by Smolies »

Nice!

Its an 09 Busa. Its been in the 8's. No bar and it has a MT radial on it.