Anyone running boost with fuel injection please help!

Need help with your car?

Moderators: mokangena, DN, scottab, Carl Blanton

Re: Anyone running boost with fuel injection please help!

Postby red_RPM_hatch on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:24 pm

SamPartlow wrote:The meter is a custom unit from PRO.M racing.
Fuel pressure isn't dropping at all. It baselines around 55 to 60 psi as it always has, then increases proportionately as boost increases. That's what is so confusing about this, the fuel is there but the computer isn't giving it to the engine when it needs it. I haven't made any changes that brought this along either. It just started doing it on its own. Is it possible for the tune data on the flip chip To become corrupted? Or could my PCM be taking a crap?

It is highly unlikely that the chip or computer are having issues like that. Despite the fuel pressure not going down I don't believe its getting enough fuel.

My base fuel is 39-42 and jumps to 55-60 on just 7-8 pounds of boost. Your base is 55-60 and only going to 77. Your power level and boost level is much higher then mine. I don't believe you are getting enough fuel which is causing your lean issue. If it were dropping off I would think it would be a pump problem but with the pressure holding but not going up I would say its a regulator issue. The regulator should be boost referenced, so any type of boost/exhaust leak is going to effect it. I would make sure you have no leaks and go from there. If you are certain there are no leaks I would look into another regulator.
red_RPM_hatch

Postby red_RPM_hatch on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:38 pm

What #'s is the wideband showing? How lean is it getting?
red_RPM_hatch

Postby SamPartlow on Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:13 pm

I just went out and messed with it again and realized that its not even the boost thats making it go lean. I slowy revved it up in neutral and it started going leaner and leaner the higher I revved it. it wasnt even making boost and it was still leaning out. I watched the fuel pressure as I did this and it never dropped. It gets so lean it goes offscale at 19.9 to 1
Just for the heck of it I tried erasing the tune from the chip and reloaded it again, but this made no difference, so we can rule out corrupt tune data.
04 Mustang Cobra
5.1l DOHC 32v Twin Turbo
T56 Magnum 6 speed
1,111 whp @ 27 psi on E85
Street legal, full interior, cold a/c, dvd navi stereo w/sub
SamPartlow

Postby red_RPM_hatch on Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:24 pm

The widebound won't give a correct reading at idle. The car has to be under a load.
red_RPM_hatch

Previous

Return to Tech Talk