Mo-Kan Bracket Series plus the Summit Super Series!

General racing discussion.

Moderators: mokangena, DN, scottab, Carl Blanton

Mo-Kan Bracket Series plus the Summit Super Series!

Postby Carl Blanton on Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:09 pm

2014, The Mo-Kan Bracket Series presented by O’Reilly Auto Parts PLUS the Summit Super Series!

I know there lots of questions about the IHRA coming to Mo-Kan and what it means to you. I Hope to answer your question here. But if not, post your specific question below and I will do my best to answer.

Everyone wants to know about TECH.
We have always had general safety rules at Mo-Kan and tech won’t be very different for now. We hope to have more help in the tech area and will do a yearly tech sticker for cars that are 100%. As we go forward, we want racers to bring their cars up to the standards set forth by IHRA. Read pages 60 thru 63 of the IHRA 2014 rule book (it online at the IHRA website) for your type and ET of car. Most of you are there or very close.

MO-Kan Bracket Series Presented by O’Reilly Auto Parts.
If you plan to run the Bracket Series, it is the same entry and points system. You can run for Mo-Kan points just as you have in the past. We have changed rule three of the Bracket series point’s rules. (Unrelated to IHRA or the Summit Super Series)

We will still have our CDRA Finals at the end of October!

Summit Super Series for Super Pro (Top) No/E (Mod) and Jr Dragster.
If you plan to run for. Summit Super Series points, you will need a X number, You can register by calling Donna Harper at IHRA Phone (419) 660-4219 Email: dharper@ihra.com . She can register the number for $10. (Or you can pull the trigger and get the *IHRA Insurance Program, Rule Book, 2 Decals, Membership and License Card, Number, and one Year Subscription to Drag Review Magazine. For $70! So please consider doing this!)

If you have a current NHRA license and membership, you can call Donna and request an X number at no charge. (Once your NHRA license and membership expire, it will be YOUR responsibility to call and buy an IHRA membership and register your X number with Donna. )

You can NOT earn any points towards the Summit Super Series without an X number. You will also need to enter Mo-Kan Bracket Series points to be eligible for the SSS program.

You MUST run your X number on your car anytime you want to earn Summit Super Series points.

You will need to be an IHRA Member and have a IHRA licenses to run the Summit Team Finals.

Go to Go to http://ihra.com/superseries-home and read the Participant Guidelines. Four thing you must do to race in the Summit Super Series.

An IHRA official will be at our Bracket Series Banquet January 25th, to answer specific questions.

If you win the Summit Super Series World Championship it is a BIG payday! This was the payoff in 2013 for Super Pro (Top);
$10,000 from Summit Racing Equipment
Maddox Race Cars Dragster
Custom Paint Job from Imagine That
Trick Flow Big Block Ford Engine
Aruba Vacation for Two (8 days, 7 nights)
IHRA Gold Card
World Champion Ironman
World Championship Diamond Ring
Top Class World Championship Payout:
$10,000 win
$7,000 runner-up
$2,000 semis
$1,000 quarters
Plus, $1,000 in tow money for all qualifiers.

and No/E (Mod)
$10,000 from Summit Racing Equipment
$2,500 Gift Certificate from Trick Flow
Aruba Vacation for Two (8 days, 7 nights)
Gemini Auto Lift GPO-9 Two Post Lift
Howell Pit Bike
IHRA Gold Card
World Champion Ironman
World Championship Diamond Ring
Mod Class World Championship Payout:
$10,000 win
$7,000 runner-up
$2,000 semis
$1,000 quarters
Plus, $1,000 in tow money for all qualifiers.

and Jr/ Dragster
$3,000 from Summit Racing Equipment
Vic Puglia Junior Dragster
4 Pack of Tickets to any Feld Entertainment Production
Kalahari Resort Vacation Package for 4 (3 nights)
Cedar Point Passes for 4
IHRA Gold Card
World Champion Ironman
World Champion Diamond Ring

Junior Dragster Championship Payout:
$3,000 win
$2,000 runner-up
$1,000 semis
$500 quarters
Plus, $750 in tow money for all qualifiers

These are the 2013 prizes but I'm told the 2014 will be similar
Our IHRA Division director is Frank Kohutek and he can be reached at 419.706.6610
Carl Blanton
Senior Weasel

Re: Mo-Kan Bracket Series plus the Summit Super Series!

Postby dart340x on Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:37 pm

Does this mean if you are NOT a member of IHRA or in the points you can not run at MOKAN.
dart340x

Postby childerbrand on Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:43 am

No... you only need the "X" numbers if you are interested in competeing the IHRA Summit Super Series. Anyone can run the bracket series if you are in the points or not.
Racing is cheap, its the parts that suck....
childerbrand

Postby 80BU on Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:49 am

I am guessing that you can run in the Mokan points, without running the IHRA points series?

Lets say that there are 3 racers that are registered for the IHRA points series, but they do not finish in the top 3 of the Mokan points series. Will they still go to the IHRA champions points race at the end of the year?
80BU

Postby Carl Blanton on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:20 am

Dart340, it does not mean that at all!

Let me try to make this perfectly clear. Everyone is welcome to come to Mo-Kan and race EXACTLY as they have in the past! NOTHING has changed in that regard.

If you WANT to participate in the IHRA programs we have those available now.

Bob it is my understanding that the highest finishing X number in No/E and Super Pro and Jr Dragster are the ones that can represent Mo-Kan at the Team Finals Race of Champions at Memphis. If you win the race of Champions you go back to Memphis to the World Finals and represent in The World Championship race for the big prize.

I'll make a post about that procedure later. Our IHRA DIv Director, Frank K will be at the banquet to answer questions.
Carl Blanton
Senior Weasel

Postby boyzbad on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:08 pm

Will trans brakes be allowed in No-E? Reason I ask is that if you plan on having a Team for the Finals in Memphis they allow T-brakes then. Thanks Gary
boyzbad

Postby #99 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:17 pm

I certainly hope not. Trans brakes are an electronic device, just like electric/air shifters, and have no place in N/E.

Postby Big John on Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:56 pm

Transbrakes are allowed in NHRA ET Pro class and IHRA ET Mod classes. Both classes are considered "No Electronics".

BTW: No-Electronics (0-10.99 -- 1/8 mile)
No delay boxes, delay boxes must be removed from car. Throttle stop controllers and automated throttle stops must be disabled. Pneumatic/electric shifters allowed. This is from the current MoKan rules for No-E.

Just because you have a Transbrake does'nt mean you can cut a better light. I have cut just as good of light on the foot brake as I have with the transbrake. Its still driver skill.
John Hutinett
Chanute, Kansas
NHRA 5844
Big John

Postby Carl Blanton on Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:36 am

No/ E will remain footbrake. No changes in the basic rules. IHRA gives us the option of running our program as we see best fit for us.
Carl Blanton
Senior Weasel

Postby boyzbad on Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:58 pm

Good enough. Thanks for the reply. Gary
boyzbad

Postby ssbarracudafan on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:57 am

Why can't sportsman run for SSS points? Mokan is listed as a 1/4 mile track on the IHRA site and both "finals" races in Tn. are ran on the 1/4. Seems odd to earn points on the 1/8th, then if a person makes it to the finals they will be on the 1/4.. Is/will no-e go back to the full 1/4 at some point?.. I hate the 1/8th it's just not fun to me, and I know 5 guys just around town (Neosho Mo.) that feel the same on this. All of them only go up on fridays or the other races when the 1/4 is open to cars faster than 11_ because they are 9-10sec cars. My new motor will/should put me in the mid10s, but my plan is to detune & shortshift to 11.0s so I can stay on the 1/4 for point racing...
ssbarracudafan

Postby DWZ28 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:43 am

1000 ft!
D Worm
DWZ28

Postby Don Avondet on Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:39 pm

#99 wrote:I certainly hope not. Trans brakes are an electronic device, just like electric/air shifters, and have no place in N/E.

According to Webster , "electronics" has to do with microchips and circuit boards. Do they put those in solenoids ? And if they do will I have to take my starter off to run NoE ? :roll:
( sorry Jim I couldn't help myself ) :lol:
Don Avondet

Postby amcamx on Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:25 pm

Years ago at KCIR the Pro class went up to 19.49, and two 17sec cars did real well, even with Transbrakes, and Twosteps allowed. So the index was changed again, and again, and finally ended up, as slow as 12.99.
I had one of the two 17sec cars, but anything slower, than 14sec cannot have much of a light, without deep stage.
Dropping 9,10 and 11sec cars like clockwork, with nothing, will not last, anywhere.
Old Racers, that have done, so much, for so long, with so little, may now think that they can do anything with nothing. I keep trying, but I can no longer do, anything with nothing.
amcamx

Postby #99 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:15 pm

Don,
You know what i mean. I am just against any electronic device in N/E that helps the driver gain an advantage in staging, launching or shifting the car. NHRA and IHRA may have surrendered to the Gods of Stupidity, but it doesn't mean that we have to at our local track. I am really suprised that someone hasn't protested the 7al-type programable ignitions. You and I have both been around the track for a long time, and have seen a lot of changes. Some are good and some are bad. Just because something is deemed "legal", doesn't make it right. I guess smoking dope is legal in Colorado now, but sure doesn't make right. It is pretty much the same situation with those that want to skirt the rules, by using assistive devices, because they dont believe they can compete without them. I am glad that Mokan has resisted some of the crap that other tracks allow. :)

Jim

Next

Return to Bench Racing