PLEASE HELP ME FIND THE SLIMER

General racing discussion.

Moderators: mokangena, DN, scottab, Carl Blanton

Krytonminu

PLEASE HELP ME FIND THE SLIMER

Post by Krytonminu »

Hi my name is kry I am related in sorts to Jimmy hendry and my dad has watched him race the old slimer.

My dad has told me so much about it and yet I haven't seen the car. I have been looking for this car for years and can't find it.

The car was a green 1968 Plymouth barracuda called Slimer.

If you know where I can find pictures please tell me or send me the pictures. I haven't seen Jimmy for a few years and can't get ahold of him.

Thank you so much.
slimer68

Re: PLEASE HELP ME FIND THE SLIMER

Post by slimer68 »

Hello, this is Jimmy. I still have the car. It has been in storage for over 20 years. Looks like it may be a retirement project for me at this point. I just can’t bring myself to part with it. I’m sure I will get the old car back together to run the Mopar meets and some Friday nights in the future. I have no plans to be a week in week out bracket racer again. I have another car and interests that take my time and extra money.
We've done so much with so little for so long, that now, we can do anything with nothin'.

Hendry Racing
Krytonminu

Post by Krytonminu »

Hey Jimmy this is Tristan Shallenburger Rusty Shallenburgers son. My dad has talked a lot about the slimer and I'm very intrigued in it. You haven't seen me in quite a few years lol but if you ever need help getting it back together I would love to learn about cars and learn how to build cars. Anyways sorry I haven't replied for about 5 months I have been so busy with my daughter and quarantine that I forgot that I had been on here. Thank you for replying and if you ever want to catch up I can give you my number or something. Hope to see you again.
Bob Durbin

Post by Bob Durbin »

My name is Bob Durbin. A friend of mine owned this car many years back. I have an old picture of it, but can't find how to post it. It had my 440 in it for a short time. It went 11:20 at 120 if I remember right. 10-1 street motor. Later he put a 400 stroker combo in it and I think it ran mid 10s with that. That car always got a lot of attention at the track. Especially from kids.