General racing discussion.

Moderators: mokangena, DN, scottab, Carl Blanton

amcamx

Post by amcamx »

The race car broke down, and I was not able to race, at the June 2 race. But I turned in the Tech card, so I should have received show up points.
It had no forward gears, after backing it off of the trailer.
#1503 No-E.
amcamx

Re: Points

Post by amcamx »

If racers cannot race, they may need to go to the Tower, and state what they want done.
1 I cannot race, but keep the tech card, for the show up points.
2 I cannot race, but give me a refund, back to Spectator, as I intend to stay and watch, and I will not get any points.
3 Give me a full refund, and I will leave, and not get any points.
Does the track have any race cars, that can be rented, for the day of the race?
Racers have turned in tech cards, for the show up points, even though they did not have a race car at the track. They hoped to get it running, before the race season was over.
A refund is only, if they cannot make any time trials?
A rental at the track would help, with the towing, back and forth problems.
amcamx

Post by amcamx »

I took sixth in points, at KCIR, with a 73 Charger, 318, with 2:76 gear, and they allowed trans brakes, and two-steps, but had deep staging.
So, a rental car would not need to be anything great, if they allowed deep staging, just fast enough to be in the class, if run, in drive.
But tracks may not like deep staging, as it takes too much time, and their timing systems may not allow it.
S/P does not need to stage deep, with all the power they have.
So, only No-E, 10sec and slower, and Sportsman, 15sec and slower could be allowed.
Those behind in points, are the expert, on how tracks should be run.
hoggieman racing

Post by hoggieman racing »

When a track allows a 19 second car into a class that normally has a 13.99 break, and your making others wait on the starting line for sometimes 6 or 8 seconds, its easy to get someone out of their game. I suppose you could bring the Green Turd out of retirement so Carl would'nt have to keep a rental around for you. :lol: Those were the Good Ole Days! You wooped me several times, but we figured your game out! Super TOUGH racing at MOKAN for sure. Have a Good Day all. Hoggie. :layrubber:
Image BIG BLOCKS
amcamx

Post by amcamx »

What was our game, and how did it work? I still do not know, how it worked, but both 17sec cars were doing it.
Yes, the spot slowed their RT to .03 where we were, and they were either on the dial, or safe by one. A 17sec car, is not that consistent, so how was it done? We did not match, on the finish line.
The NHRA standard for the PRO class was 12.99, and I thought they would index the class, so I put the car up for sale, for 1k more than I paid, for it, and it sold in 2 weeks. I missed, something like the last 6 races.
I could not get the Rampage or Black Amc car going, so I bought it to have something to race, never thinking it would do any good.
I learned what I did, from the other 17sec car driver, that looked like a Dufus, but I think he knew more about racing, than any other racer that ever lived. He left no stone unturned, took every advantage, and side stepped every disadvantage.
Just watching everything he did, to prepare for one round of racing, was off the scale.
It has never worked with anything else.
We were not greedy, they can have all of the great things, all we wanted was the win light.
KCIR indexed the Bike class too, when slow bikes were doing some good.
It is not what you have, it is how you use it.
I hope to have the Rampage on the track soon, leave off a button, in S/P, easy on old racers body.
amcamx

Post by amcamx »

Maybe color was a problem.
Picture this, an all bike meet, and as racing wound down for the day, there were four bikes left.
Three Harleys, and little Green 100 Honda Trail bike, Me.
There seemed to be some kind of complaining, but what could their problem be? They must have, 18 times to motor I have.
I guess they did not like, Green either.