Changes

General racing discussion.

Moderators: mokangena, DN, scottab, Carl Blanton

amcamx

Changes

Post by amcamx »

People are under more stress than ever, and there could be trouble. Not lately, and not at MoKan, but I have lost just so there would not be a Riot. I have changed classes, to keep the peace.
The win lights are for the Fans, but a quarter mile away, they are hard to see. A hard up disgruntled racer may cause trouble in the shut down area, if they don't get the win light, then it is one persons word, against another. If the win light was at the 8th, the Fans could see it, and the racers do not need to know, who won, until they have the time slip. And they are not supposed to look at it, until they are back in the pits, if they don't lose it by then.
Taking the short turnoff in the shutdown area, can have a car cross in front of another. Is there a rule of thumb on this? They may not have a turn signal. Maybe slow cars should be in the left lane, and fast cars in the right.
In no prep races, they can barely get down the track, and they could both crash. Maybe they should have single passes, quickest ET wins, which is not posted. Maybe it is just me, but I have trouble taking pictures of both cars, at the same time.
The racers are low stalling, and short shifting to save the equipment, so it may be time to allow trans brakes, two steps, and two line locks to be used in No-E. Foot brake racing is hard on old racers. Most racers have so much motor, that they cannot high stall, without
damage to the car.
hoggieman racing

Re: Changes

Post by hoggieman racing »

To your last couple sentences, if you allowed tranz brakes and line locks, the class would surely grow, with no tracks up here that care for their racers like the Blantons do. With Tulsa running a Bottom bulb, tranni brake class, surely would get some racers from the south also! :nice: Thanks, Mark Hogg.
Image BIG BLOCKS