Car Count

General racing discussion.

Moderators: mokangena, DN, scottab, Carl Blanton

amc350

Car Count

Post by amc350 »

Racers are asked, to say, what race they may race, for the season. With Tulsa, MoKan, and Topeka, racing on the same day, that can vary, by the weather forecast.
If the car count is low, the track may lose money, and if enough, even close, as many tracks have.
So, what is the answer? If the purse is prorated, the high end racers, may say, that I cannot afford to race, for that little money.
At big money races, they may combine classes, like the last No Box, racer, would move to S/P, but still under, No Box foot brake rules.
So, if the car count is low, say Sportsman, move the class to the 8th, and run the class, down to one car, and then move the car to No-E. However, the Sportsman car, would still be under the Sportsman rules, payout, and points. The same if No-E was short, and the last car was moved to S/P. So, Sportsman could be moved to No-E, and then to S/P, if still in. If this was done at every race, first and second place money, would only have to be paid to 2 racers, not 6. All classes, would race, for full purse, for that class.
If this was done, the tracks that closed last year, may be racing this year.
I may have the slowest car in No-E. I used to run S/P, but the 8 flat index, pushed me out. I was at high stall then and did better. If I stalled any lower now, the motor would die.
Years ago, at an all bike meet, I ran a Harley Fuel Sportster, with a Honda 100 Green trail bike. They did not give me enough head start, but then, I needed the whole track.